Nature Reserve "Weitsee"
If you long for a particularly beautiful experience, spend a day at the Weitsee, this idyllic lake in the midst of an enormous nature reserve. Surrounded by mountains this lake conveys an almost mythic atmosphere.
A fairy tale come true!
Just like the scenery of a fairy tale appears the nature reserve of the three lakes Weitsee, Mittersee and Lödensee between Reit im Winkl and Ruhpolding.
Being a wonderful natural swimming lake with drinking water quality, the Weitsee is the ideal setting for an exceptional swimming experience with the entire family.
How to get there:
- By car: B 305 from Reit im Winkl in the direction of Ruhpolding. The Weitsee is at the right side of the road.
- By bus: the regional bus services of Upper Bavaria – stop Weitsee
- By Bike: from Reit im Winkl via Seegatterl to the Weitsee. Duration ca. 45 minutes. The cycle path passes the Dürrfeldkreuz and leads from Seegatterl on uphill.
Parking in the three-lake-district:
There are car parking possibilities between the Weitsee and the Mittersee. From there you are withing walking distance of a few minutes to the eastern bank.
Depending on the temperature and the weather, swimming is possible from May/June on.
As there is no kiosk, you should bring your own sandwiches and drinks.
Swimming Pool Reit im Winkl
Even in stormy or snowy times, you don’t have to forsake the pleasure of swimming. In our indoor swimming pool “Schwimmstadt” you will find fitness, relaxation and health – all under one roof.
Our indoor swimming pool offers:
- Swimming pool 25*12,5m (water depth 90 cm – 130 cm water temperature: 30-32°C)
- In the winter: Wednesday is thermal day with a water temperature of 34°C
- Underwater sitting bench with massage nozzles
- Underwater bubble chaise longue
- Waterfall, water canon
- Teaching swimming pool 12*4m
- Children’s paddle pond 4*4m
- Finnish sauna
- Steam sauna
- Massage section
- Lawn with outside shower
- Sun terrace
- Water gym
Just a view meters from the Münchner-Hof.