Winter Hiking Trails
Premium winter hiking trails
Winter hiking means exercise and relaxation far from the hectic everyday life. Renew your strength in the midst of pristine nature, surrounded by the Bavarian Alps. Mountain summits, alpine huts and giant trees all wrapped up in a thick layer of white snow, pure air, blue sky, the soft sound of the fresh snow under your feet – all this is winter hiking.
Winter hiking with quality seal for the winter sport hiking trails in Reit im Winkl
UOur premium winter hiking trails:
Germany’s first premium winter hiking trail
- Panoramic trail
Premium winter hiking trail to the Hemmersuppenalm
- Length: 6 km / walk time ca. 1,5 to 2 hours
- Starting point: alpine restaurant Hindenburghütte at the Hemmersuppenalm
Second premium winter hiking trail
- „Kaiserblick“ (view of the Kaiser Mountains)
Premium winter hiking trail in the village area
- Length: 6 km / walk time ca. 2 hours
- Starting point: langlauf station at the „Festsaal“, Tiroler Straße
- Highlight: for 3 kilometers you have a splendid view of the Kaiser Mountains with the „Wilder und Zahmer Kaiser“ (2344m)
Hemmersuppenalm – Hiking in the Chiemgau Mountains
Surrounded by breathtaking mountains, in the setting of alpine meadows and fairy-tale woods there is the sunny high plateau of the Hemmersuppenalm. A picture perfect hiking paradise.
Our recommendations for your hiking holiday in the Chiemgau:
Walk time ca. 2 hours, 500 altimeters, possibility to stop off, medium difficult hiking tour
From the tourist information, the trail leads over the valley meadows to the Wimmerkreuz and the ski jumps. Here you ascend taking the trail No. 16 to the alpine restaurant Hindenburghütte (1200 m) at the upper Hemmersuppenalm. Then you walk the trail No. 13 resp. 131 across the Nattersbergalm to the parking place Seegatterl. From there we recommend to take the bus back to the village.
Walk time ca. 4 – 4 ½ hours, 570 altimeters, possibility to stop off, medium difficult hiking tour
Against payment of a fee, we can drive you to the Hindenburghütte. You walk via the Hemmersuppenalm to the Straubinger Haus (No. 153) to the Fellhorn (1765 m). Back via the trail No. 151 to the alpine restaurant Hindenburghütte.
Hemmersuppenalm-Winklmoosalm (2,5 hours) – Reit im Winkl:
Walk time 5 hours, possibility to stop off, medium difficult hiking tour
Against payment of a fee, we can drive you to the restaurant Aloengasthof Hindenburghütte. Via Pflegereck – Eibenstock (No. 18) to the Winklmoosalm and Seegatterl. From there alongside the Schwarzlofer (No. 9) back to the village. We recommend to take the bus to the village from the Winklmoosalm or Seegatterl.
Circular Trail Hemmersuppenalm:
Walk time ca. 2 hours, possibility to stop off, easy hiking tour
Against payment of a fee, we can drive you to the Hindenburghütte. Circular trail in the direction of the Anna Kapelle (chapel) – upper Hemmersuppenalm back to the alpine restaurant Hindenburghütte.
The tourist information will provide you with detailed hiking maps!
Every year, on July 26th, there is a mountain church service in the Anna chapel.
How to get there:
- By bus: from 9:00 am, there are several small buses a day from the tourist information or the parking place Blindau to the alpine restaurant Hindenburghütte at the Hemmersuppenalm. If you have the Reit im Winkl Inclusive Card, the ticket is reduced from 6,00€ to 5,00€. (Driving service: tel. +49 171 5437923). The ride takes ca. 15 minutes. The last return is at ca. 16:30.
The tickets can be bought directly on the bus.
Please note that this service is not available in spring and autumn.
- By car: It is not permitted to drive up in your own car.
- By mountain bike: From Reit im Winkl, there is a cycle track running parallel to the road to Seegatterl. From there you cycle past the Natterbergalm to the alpine restaurant Hindenburghütte/Hemmersuppenalm. This track is only recommended for very proficient mountain bikers.
All the other trails to the Hemmersuppenalm are not allowed for mountain bikers.
- On foot: From the ski jumps/Steinbachweg or from Seegatterl via the Nattersbergalm you reach the Hemmersuppenalm in ca. 1 ½ hours. From Seegatterl you can also take the trail via Eibenstock – Pflegereck (1260m) to the Hemmersuppealm.
There are parking possibilities at the tourist information, in Blindau or Seegatterl.
Possibilities to stop off and eat at the Hemmersuppenalm:
Tel. und Fax +49 8640 8425
Tel. 08663/2488 Fax: +49 8663 419682